Replaced the cookie consent script with the one from Cookie Script. Now users can agree or disagree to accept cookies from this website.
Removed the Social section of the site after I had already combined my Twitter and Instagram feeds to the same page a few days ago. At the same time I removed the Instagram feed under the Photos section of the site and got completely rid of the ugly Twitter widget.
Finished the process of rewriting the whole CSS code and of course this results in a brand new look for the website. Most of the layout changes were done in pure CSS, only a few minor changes in the HTML code were made and these changes were:
Since I'm on vacation for two and a half weeks I've had some time to do some bug hunting on the code of the antman.info website. I've made plenty of changes in the PHP, HTML, JS and CSS code and some other changes as well. These changes include:
removed AddThis follow tools and replaced them with simpler links
I've been making some backend code changes mostly in the PHP code of the site and some more search engine optimizations since I already started doing those about two weeks ago. The SEO changes include mostly Structured Data in JSON-LD format. Other changes include that I put the site map available for the visitors and ended up coding my own plugin for Serendipity that powers the News of the site.
Made some search engine optimization changes in the code of the site. This doesn't affect the visitors of the site since all of the changes were made in the backend of the site. Just updated all of the meta descriptions to be a little more descriptive of the pages and updated the robots.txt as well as the XML site map of the site. There is also a HTML site map which I probably will incorporate to the site some day.